Tuesday 27 June 2023

Traitor Command - Blackstone Fortress

 

Hey all ! It's mid 2023 and of course I'm still on Blackstone Fortress ! I'm actually clearing the desk from any half painted models and this pair has been sittig on the desk since I moved house  last October ! I had this models up to the end of the "shit stage", you know, that dreadful stage where you just block colours in, it's taking ages and it ends up looking like playmobils ? The fun usuallt starts after that stage and for some reason I stopped there on these. Good thing though is that resuming work on them was a joy since all I had left were the fun bits and they're amazing models to begin with.
Like usual, I didn't go look at the boxart to avoid copying but Chaos being Chaos, a lot of the palette is similar. I love the traitor commissar and his very nice balance of leading and menace, good thing I have 34 cultists for him to lead , waiting to be finished !


His coat is volontarily simple and worn out rather than a fancy uniform, I don't like the idea of traitor keep their gear that neat.


The ogryn is a striking model, it's weird and you're not sure how he can move without a tremendous pain (that's the idea I guess) or how he moves at all but it does take the cenobyte meter up a notch which is always cool.


I also like how mutations are kept to a minimum to still keep the identity of the former character.

Please say a few prayers to the gods of brushes and burn a candle for my sanity, I plan on finishing an unreasonable amount of cultists started way too long ago but I really mean to both clear the desk and also finish the set for this game to get a real good achievement kick !



Happy painting to you all !

11 comments:

  1. Lovely work, especially the skin on the ogryn. I'm guessing that he's somehow become one with the big chaos sign? I like the way you paint black, too. I've always found that a really difficult colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I very rarely use any black, most of my blacks are deep greys with washes or sometimes washes of pure black with medium over a pre shaded model but never a single coat of black to start from

      Delete
  2. They both look properly impressive. Your personal style and palette suit them perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O you lucky so and so! By the time I had hobby funds available to get this expansion, it was no longer in print and is now only available for a princely sum on Ebay. :(

    Smashing painting though as usual. Grungy and dirty and yes, menacing. Looking forward to those cultists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only got the models because a friend of mine got them as doubles and kindly let me have them, I do not own the expansion though, I wouldn't try go near those otherwise for the same reasons

      Delete
    2. I did manage to find a pdf copy of the little expansion rulebook that someone scanned. Would be happy to pass it on if you are interested?

      Delete
  4. Firstly great job on the new additions. Secondly, that last photo ... just ... wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! The last photo also helps me realise I need more redin my current cultists to tie them with the rest !

      Delete
  5. I too plan to paint more cultists for 10th Edition. I collected a lot of models I thought would make good cultists over the years, now they make good cultists models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I have no idea how cultists fair and I don't think I'm going to play 10th considering how I haven't played either of the last 2 editions but they will certainly be great generic villains to kill in batches !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...