Trying to paint 2 armies at the same time can get tricky. Trying to paint 4 is just a proof you're going insane. Anyway, since painting takes time, i sometimes enjoy converting stuff from another army when I'm in the middle of a big rank-and-file unit, just let my brushes and brains rest a little.
During the painting of my ongoing Chaos army, I had the idea of converting vampire knights, I mean CHEAP VAMPIRE KNIGHTS.
At the time being, the undead seemed very attractive but the latest black riders had'nt been released yet. My idea wad to use skeletton horses with empire army armour with Dark elves cold one riders to have a vampire touch.
The result is quite good enough and sufficiently close to what I was aiming for, the only thing I think is needed is rotten cloak coming from underneath the armour parts of the horses but I guess that would have been easier to do before finising the rest...
I have to say this conversion proved to be reasonably easy for a simple reason : the old undead horses end the old empire horses are built on the very same design, they have the same poses et their size correspond almost perfectly ! Finding scratch parts on other models is a usual thing but I wouldn't have expected these two batches to match so well...
Oh and I also think sculpting flames coming out form the nose and eyes of the steeds could be quite appropriate, what do you think?
As I had almost finished building up these lads (and ladies), I found a lead creature waiting fo some love : a plague cart.
I converted it just a little to give the rider a face from the new plague cart to link both in my armies. The old version will most likely be inserted in a skeletton unit to add 8 bases at once....(I've seen the trick used and it can either be splendid or stupid)
The other thing I added was a Yoke I sculpted in 2mm plastic card and scrapped with a blade to give it a wooden aspect. All of those who have this miniature know what a pain it is to assemble it and that was my answer to the problem.
By the way, you can see a brilliantly painted version of it here
with the use of a lepper mini (I used mine to make a brettonian bowman).