Tuesday 2 May 2023

Fogou Stone Ruins


So I've been in quite a terrain mood lately (for a couple for months actually) but these things taking so much time, I usually putting them on the back burner and do the heavy lifting during holidays and then details pretty much when I can.
Now one of the last sets I've been working on is this set of stone ruinsfrom FOGOU from their latest (at the time of writing) Kickstarter LIFE IN RUINS.
At this points, if you're checking this space now and then you might know I'm a huge Fogou fan and I love their stuff, it paints itself, requires little to no prepartion (it's really paintable out of the box) and is modular enough to suit several settings, historical, fantasy, weird wars and sci-fi.
Now I had painted the Battle at the Farm set a few years ago so picking up this KS was a total no brainer, I knew it would be 100% compatible and paint easily and it would help fill the type of small immersive  tables I want to fill.

The set is composed of 2 building ruins with a corner each with the first one made of big stone blocks :


I love that they each give enough room to put a model (or more) on top of the rubble to provide a great gaming interest.


The other building is more like a cobblestone wall type so that brings some variety with still the same smart gaming quality.


Now something I REALLY like is the sort of rubble corners you can put at the edge of any building to integrate it more into the table (especially if you're using mats like I do). It's a simple thing really but it really breaks the whole clean ruin vibe that usually looks off.


There were a few scatter bits I had  as well so since they were full of stone parts, it sort of made sense to paint them along (there are actually a couple more which I couldn't find at the time of photos since I took them to Ireland with me last month).
I love scatter terrain to break the monotony of flat mats and to put some visual interest on any board.


Combined with my battle at the farm set, it now makes up for a quite a set !


There's plenty more to add, like some flora, dead bushes and all to make the board visualy more interesting but as far as gaming is concerned, I reckon there's a good 3x3 table with enough cover and LoS breakers, I'll think of more plants to add in the future but I can already put people fighting each other !


 I think these will be super handy for sci-fi games but also fantasy ones and some more eclectic ones like silver bayonet and Last War.
Expect more scenery and more new projects but also reinforcements for older ones very soon, I'm on fire lately !

3 comments:

  1. Definitely great additions to your collection mate. So many terrain manufacturers make some nice ruined walls, but no fallen masonry/rubble like these have, so they stand out for that reason alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very few terrain manufacturers make stuff that's as good and as painter friendly, I usually sand the base clean flat because I'm a maniac but in all truth, it doesn't really need that and you can just paint it straight out of the package which is a huge bonus, it takes paint well, all the fast methods well and is detailed enough for one to go full master level, and the man is sweet !

      Delete
  2. Wow, I've never got Fogou stuff (yet), but every time I see this kind of thing, I'm sure I need to! You really did a nice work, all the pieces look great and what a maze you have now! Cool job

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...