Wednesday 3 May 2023

Roboknop - Bounty Hunter

 


So a month ago, I was delighted to take part in an exciting campaign week end of Stargrave with great friends. Now to make this week-end even better, Mikko from Dawn of the lead had prepared a little surprise for us in the form of an event special miniature ! 
A month before the event, we had a previex of what we were gong to get and the model was Roboknop, a cyborg bounty hunter (who actually appeared in my last game).


I had little choice but to paint him ASAP and the mojo is usually quite high after gaming events so I tried to ride the wave.
I did start on a dud though by trying to emulate Mark Knopfler's iconic look (because Roboknop is inspired by him obviously)


But it was shit, like really bad, so I just kept the red head band and swapped the rest for something more sci-fi (which, I only realised later,  is pretty much the exact colour scheme of my space marines ).
ANYWAY, It worked and was suitably sci-fi, bounty huntey and cyborgey for what I had in mind.

I'm glad to have a bounty hunter and one that will have plenty of good memories attached every time I put him on a table.


Thanks you all, happy painting to you !

6 comments:

  1. Interesting sculpt. Almost looks like it’s fit in the ABC Warriors setting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention them since they were actually part of the campaign ! One of us had his whole crew based on the ABC warriors !

      Delete
  2. Well, that's quite a surprise. The mini is truly lovely, I like the way you faced the paintjob, and the Knopfler association made me chuckle. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBH, I have no idea why it is associated with Kopfler and not sure the others do either but you know, you just embrace it and go with it !

      Delete
  3. That's a cool sculpt, especially the face. The shading is really good. I love the glowing eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love the face as well, the deapan of a cyber face is perfect for a bounty hunter

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...