Wednesday 9 February 2022

Space Hulk accessories - C.A.T. and Calice


Real quick one this time, having finally got my hands on a copy of 3rd ed Space Hulk (2009 version), I've been absolutely obsessed with getting a playable game ASAP to have fun with the kids !
Since I already have a full terminator party, I guess I just need to paint the 20 or so Stealers from the set. And I have plans for that...
However, there are a couple of things I could take care of quite rapidly that would get me closer to the end goal as well. One of them was painting the door bases in a suitable fashion to make the board look cool so I opted for 3 styles, one generic, one with yellow:black hazard stripes and one with red/white hazard stripes, that system will help me figure locked doors from bulkheads and so on, the paintjob was pretty basic, implying drybrushes, washes and stripes with a little weathering, nothing spectacular.


The doors looks great this way


What REALLY made a difference though was a tedious but necessary extra effort coloring all the edges of all tokens, cards and tiles in black with a permanent marker.
Yes it was long and boring and funny smelling but at the end of the day, nothing you can't do while watching a movie or listen to a good podcast and that makes the set look so much better...



Now all my stealers are based, just needing a bit of tidying before the paintjob. I do have a plan in mind to make that less troublesome than painting 21 stealers in a single batch sounds, guess we'll see if I was right !



8 comments:

  1. That CAT is such a cool little miniature. Great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers ! I had one I butchered a couple of years ago but I'm glad I gave this one a bit more respect !

      Delete
  2. Simple stuff like this really do add to the overall feel of a game. Think I’ll go and start sharpie-ing the edges of my Blackstone Fortress tokens and game boards and I’ve no idea why I didn’t think of that before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finishing the models but I'll colour the edges of those too, I want the best experience for us 🙂

      Delete
  3. Bravo !! Ils rendent super bien tes trucs !! O_o'

    Mention spéciale pour le Calice qui est vraiment de toute beauté !!

    Serviteur,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Écoute c'est con mais je suis hyper content du calice aussi !
      Ce sera pas la pièce de choix de la collection mais ça fait plaisir, plus qu'à envoyer les monstres !
      Merci à toi !

      Delete
  4. Every little piece of terrain here is a work of art unto itself. Brilliant work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know if it's art but it's definitely helping with the look of the game and with morale so here's to that !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...