Saturday 13 July 2024

Inq et nunc - Demon huntress Tanjira

So following the completion of my first full Inquisitor band not long ago, I jumped on the next right away ! For some reason, I've decided my bands would have a leader and 2 acolytes plus a familiar so I started the new band with the leader once again and after a little thinking, I've decided the demonhunter would be the next leader.

I've always loved this sculpt, her elegant lines with a deadly feel with those gigantic weapons and severed head.
I wanted to do something different from the all gold versions we usually see so went for a tarnished brass armour instead.



I'm unsure wether this is meant to be a power armour or just a carapace armour since the power source seems rather small but gaming details are secondary to painting.
I did want to have her weilding a force weapon to suit the sort of monstrosities she had to fight !


I kept the demon's colours quite muted and organic instead of something brighter and otherworldly, I put some strange colours in the skin tones though to make it weird and creepy.



All in all, I"m quite happy with her and although I'm glad I didn't convert her back then, I think I could have magnetised her left hand to either hold the severed head or just a pistol for a more "everyday" pose I guess.
I have very little painting time at the moment and funnily enough, 54mm models seem to take far less time than 28mm scale models of the same size, not sure why but that means I get to squeeze as much fun from my sessions, maybe it's just painting one model at the time but it means the hobby is still a good source of mental fresh air which is nice.
Hope you folks are having a great hobby time !






6 comments:

  1. Great stuff JB, really like the force weapon effect. I agree with you on the neutral stance - my favourite kind of pose for a figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In hindsight I wish I had magnetised her left arm to alternatively hold a pistol and make her less situational but I'm fine with her travelling with a severed head everywhere to put the fear in the chaos side !

      Delete
  2. Really nicely done from top to bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice model ! Can't wait to see her acolytes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her acolytes are some of the very first Inquisitor models I converted back at the release so they hold a special place in my heart !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...