Monday 30 October 2023

Orktober : Snotlings and Warp energy !

 

Hey all ! Like every year this time it's ORKTOBER ! Like a way to soothe me from addin another earth rotation to the count, it's the occasion to get more greenskins done !

This year I knew exactly the kind of models I wanted, I still have plenty for the orks but I had a LOT of snotlings and a Shock Attack Gun so those would be entries for sure. Now since I was painting a shock attack gun, I HAD TO paint the pulsa Rocket too since it works on warp energy as well, which also meant I somehow had to paint runtbots, because I'm a nice runtherd who wants to protect his flock.

Now the Shock Attack Gun is one beefy fella and the gun itself is bigger than many models of the time, it's a formidable piece which I was really pleased to finally paint !

It's actually the second time I paint he guy since I had one without gun a few years back, I'm quite happy to see that both versions fit together well (although they have different tongue colours it seems)

With a Shock Attack Gun, you obviously need ammunition so painting as many snotling bases was essential.
I grabbed all the ones I had gathered over time and was delighted to see I only had two duplicates. I decided to base them on 30mm bases and get 3 per base since they have 3 wounds in 2nd ed rules, that let me have a base with 2 and with the single based ones I had painted for my first orktober, that meant I could easily track casualties and still have packed bases that look like proper swarms (and I could have more bases too).

Now Runtbotz, I honestly don't know how to play them in 2nd ed but they make sense with this many snotlings right ?


And the models are so cool ! I obviously had to had 2 because Gork and Mork right ? I reckon those 2 sometimes get their circuits entangled and don't know which is meant to embody which !

And of course, after all the technological wonders of the Shock Attack Gun, runtbotz and all, I had to paint the orkiest model ever !
The Pulsa rocket truly is everything ork, think about it : It's a warp engine, the kind of stuff not everyone masters, but put into a fuel propelled rocket... and launched from a wooden ramp ! I honestly can't think of anything orkier, it's like the SAG using warp technocoly to send snotlings into ennemies, that's what I'm so fond of the green bastards !


Anyway, I hope you all had fun for orctober and I'll have a bit more in the ork field to show soon so take care and happy painting !

















8 comments:

  1. Fantastic work, love those classic sculpts! First time I've heard of Runtbotz, really fun concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got to say it took me a check in Waaagh the Orks to remember what runtbots actually did but it made even more sense to paint them along the snotlings !

      Delete
  2. From a time when orks were SO MUCH MORE FUN than the current iterations.

    Snotlings are so cool and to have so many and only a single double is impressive mate.

    Flipping brilliant post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I have to say that mischievously fun side of orks is a big appeal to me, serious orks are only fun when they're the exception.

      Delete
  3. I simply love them. I've just spent like ten minutes only looking at those Snotlings, they are truly charming. Cool job on all the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mec ! The greatest part was that painting 44 snotlings wasn't a chore or anything unpleasant, I obviously painted them with less pressure than a character but it was fun visiting Kev's many phases throughout this process !

      Delete
  4. Now that's a flashback, and an inspirational one at that! It takes me right back to the 'Ere We Go! era of Orks which is still my favorite time as an Ork player (2nd ed being a close second also). I need to dig mine out and paint some of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that late RT/early 2nd ed is the sweet spot for me as far as orks are concerned and probably 40k as a whole I guess, it's like a limitless playground !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...