Wednesday 11 November 2020

Chaos Corrupted Colossus Robot

 
So, robots...
Robots are extremely cool period. Chaos is extremely cool as well period. Now Chaos robots are bound to be just super duper cool right ? Well they are.
See, I've had this Colossus wreck in the leadpile for ages and it was so damaged I just figured I could try and hack it to repose it with little risk. 
Many will remember the "special" alternative  AI programming rules for robots but I have to say I loved the many styles of them :

click to return to small image: cat1991ap025smrobots-01.htm.
Picture from Solegends  

Now of course, the Colossus is extremely familiar to those who love the ABC warriors and their leader Hammerstein with his trademark hammer for hand :

ABC Warriors / Characters - TV Tropes

Thing is though, I somehow lost tha hammer hand. And it looks silly let's face it, no elbow or anything ? Really ?
Anyway I need my robot to feel corrupted so I tought some organic arm sprouting out of its shoulder would look cool and somehow reminiscent of something I LOVE (like Gooseflesh inducingly good :


 So that's what I came up with :

The bloter is a modern era version for the simple reason I didn't have any other togive him, I felt like connecting teh weapon to the frame with a sick organic intestin would convey the sense of fresh corruption I was after :


 
In my quest to cover as many entries for this army little force (I don't do armies you know), I'm quite chuffed to have this one covered, this makes the need of a few techmarines even greater now but evrything in its own time I guess !



 

14 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my favourite models this year. It seems such a logical creation that I can't understand why no-one has done it before. The repositioning is perfect - it looks like it is charging forward psychotically. The additions are beautifully considered - you could have taken the conversion much further, but I think the result would have been too over the top. You have given us enough to show corruption, descending too far into madness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be honest, the base model wasn't in good shape but the paint job hides many sins thanks to its non figurative nature.
      I couldn't think of any chzos robot either, weird heh ?

      Delete
  2. That fleshy arm gives the the greatest nostalgia. When I was introduced to the hobby in 2001 my friend used those often in his conversions. Great little not-army coming along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit partial to Evangelion so that was a little treat to myself !
      Thanks !

      Delete
  3. I think the best part is the gut-like flesh tube feeding the heavy bolter on its back.. Deliciously disgusting. Another very inspiring take on a classic mini (don't think i ever saw one so dynamic). Now i'm considering painting my only ABC Warrior mini of course...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colossus is the one I like the least tbh but make it a bit dynamic and he suddenly earns points!
      Thanks mec !

      Delete
  4. Yassss! I love Evangelion! Also the model is rad. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right ! that OST still gives me frissons 20 years later !

      Delete
  5. I love this JB, so dynamic one of my favourite 2 blog posts this week and the other is from France too, you guys are rocking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah cheers ! Nico has reignited the flame in me for chaos renegades, I'm eager to work on more now !

      Delete
  6. It's so difficult to blend organic flesh with plain metal ... you did it brilliantly here. Superb work sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't much blending here, just an illusion with glazes and washes to smooth the transition, more than the sculpt deserves to be honest !
      Thanks !

      Delete
  7. This was unexpected! Right, the way metal and flesh just form one monster like this is pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unexpected for me as well and it just gave me a big will to do some more renegades !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...