Hey everyone ! I had a bit of a pause on the Darkwater project but it's still very much in the queue and hoping to get it done before 2026 ends !
The pox wretches were the part I dreaded the most of the box since they were a big batch of 14 similar looking troops and rank and file usually isn't the most exciting stuff to do. I knew though that after them there would only be big guys and fun characters left so the fun part.
The pox wretches were the part I dreaded the most of the box since they were a big batch of 14 similar looking troops and rank and file usually isn't the most exciting stuff to do. I knew though that after them there would only be big guys and fun characters left so the fun part.
With that in mind I set myself to do the wretches in a very simple scheme with few colours and very simple speed painting techniques to make them fast.
A zandry dust prime, few colours blocked for skin and clothes and some contrast on anything with texture like wood or bandages, followed by some washes and a little overbrushing and I only had a few details and spot highlights left to add !
I reckon one of the reasons it worked is also the fat I went for something very destaurated so the final overbrushes were quite similar on every part, meaning I didn't have much risk ruining an adjacent zone.
What I mean is that for many colours, I lightened the base colour with PA stone grey so the final highlights (once again, no edge highlight just overbrushing, like a gentle not so dry drybrush) would be very similar on any given surface.
It does give a washed out look to them which is what I wanted ton contrast with the bright colours of the heroes.
I reckon one of the reasons it worked is also the fat I went for something very destaurated so the final overbrushes were quite similar on every part, meaning I didn't have much risk ruining an adjacent zone.
What I mean is that for many colours, I lightened the base colour with PA stone grey so the final highlights (once again, no edge highlight just overbrushing, like a gentle not so dry drybrush) would be very similar on any given surface.
It does give a washed out look to them which is what I wanted ton contrast with the bright colours of the heroes.
Now I got to say those warhammer Quest boxes always are huge hits models wise and this one is no exception. ot only did I have a lot of fun painting them all because they're well proportioned and fun with just the right amount of details but check out the variants by pairs. This is some really smart work to make variants look totally dissimilar, it's a feature I noticed since Blackstone Fortress and I keep being amazed by the quality of the work here, congrats to the designers really !
So that's an another 14 models done and done within a week which is quite a miracle for me !
Plenty of fun projects next on the desk (which just got a good tidying and cleaning) so keep tuned and happy painting !
No comments:
Post a Comment