Sunday 18 August 2019

Dunkeldorf characters and new horizons


So after painting a classic ogre and bear for a friend, I thought I could finally finish these three guys I meant to paint for another friend !
You might remember the excellent kickstarter from Dunkeldorf earlier this year, well I was lucky enough to get a review package loaded with nice stuff ! The kickstarter aimed at providing players with all the NPC's and civilians any good Role Player might want to encounter (or maybe you do wan to play them after all ^^). Being well into warhammer RPG, mordheim and that sort of stuff, this looked awesome, just check :



Now on top of it, the character design has been done by my good pal Mustafa from Spevna Studios so it definitely ticks all the boxes ! Sculpts have been done by Sonny Bundgaard.





My good friend Cédric is organising a great WHFRP campaign in October and he's preparing one epic table for it so he immediately knew he could use those characters in his game so here they are, I just hope I won't regret painting them for him when they backstab my own character (which I have yet to paint by the way).

Now I really fancy that their body types differ from one to another, I really think body diversity in models is a great way to give a real life to a set and they'll definitely fit in with models from all sources :


Now aside from this all, I have these annoying "friends" who keep throwing ideas and projects at my face, leaving me ABSOLUTELY NO choice. What's the matter ? Well I guess I'm painting a few more skeletons to complement my sepulchral guard to have a band for Warcry !


I've also had the opportunity to get a proper training session for airbrushing and I have to say it's really ticked many boxes for me. I had some ideas about what to expect from it and it's really changed many of them for the better. Getting the budget for an airbrush is definitely a short term thing for me now. I know where and how it will help me and any trouble/time/energy saved is to be considered really.


So here we are, the hobby is as usual proving to be my happy place and a great source of Hygge and solace.

19 comments:

  1. The noble dude facial expression is just priceless, great job ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really wanted to show he's a piece of trash ^^
      Thanks mec !

      Delete
  2. Airbrush advice:

    In life, it's common to start with the cheap option, as beginners won't appreciate the subtle things of advanced stuff.

    In airbrushing it's the contrary: you need an airbrush which tip hasn't to be screwed. That's a breaking point for beginners.

    Also, something that blows constant pressured air is needed, membrane cheap ones cause spitting.

    In the end I'd say go for a 70-80 bucks airbrush and spend the biggies on the compressor. Anything else will be a waste.

    GL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good tips thanks !
      I did have a real cheap airbrush with a simple trigger and real shitty compressor and it really was a chore. Trying a proper one really opened my eyes.

      Delete
  3. Lovely work. The sculpts really are full of character and your painting brings that out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely have what it takes to make good characters, they're the right balance between generic and unique, Dunkeldorf really did a good work on those.

      Delete
  4. Ah bah ils n'ont pas vraiment une gueule de porte-bonheur ceux-là XD

    Bravo, la mise en couleurs est une fois de plus au top ^^

    Serviteur,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci !
      Ils ont bien de bonnes bouilles en effet et ça fait qu'on dirai pas juste des cosplayers mais bien des vrais gens du crus (du vieux monde mais quand même).

      Delete
  5. Ooooh Warcry ... I've been feeling the pull to start playing that game too. So far I'm resisting. For now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well not only do I get the peer preesure from my group but I've also been kindly offered cards for another band so it might provide teh "excuse" to do a second band now !

      Delete
  6. Well, I can't wait to see what you can achieve with an airbrush. It's going to be epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you did here ! ^^'
      I need to clear a budget and some space first but I'm really excited about it !

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the airbrush!

    Never use mine as I always seem to spend more time cleaning the thing out than I do actually painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have great plans for it, I'll see how it goes but I also know that I have peoepl nearby to get help from at the beginning so hopefuly I can skip the painful starts !

      Delete
  8. They look great, I'm looking forward to receiving my pledge. One day I will learn how to use an airbrush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say don't learn by yourself, get someone to teach you, you'll still have plenty to learn an improve but at least you'll get the frsutrating part out of the way !

      Delete
  9. All three of them look fantastic and that middle guy look like the short, evil king in Shrek.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahahaha you said you were only going to do one Titan! ;P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...