Monday 22 April 2019

Fort Hardknox Kickstarter !

Painted set by Curis from Ninjabread
Now some time ago I painted a set of barricades that build a post apocalyptic fort, well of you folks feel like it, now is the time to go and pledge for it !
You will probably don't do much promotion here apart and try to keep posts about what I paint but I really believe this Kickstarter project is absolutely great. I've had to the chance to paint Fogou's scenery and I have to say it keeps being an absolute pleasure.
The quality is incredible, it is easy and enjoyable to paint (which is essential for that amount of stuff) and durable which means it's a really good investment.
I know we wargamers have the bad habit to see terrain and scenery as secondary in our hobby and I've been like that for years as well. With time passing I've realised though that putting nice models on poor scenery just wasn't doing it and that instead of spedning cash on models I wouldn't paint, I could just as well spend it on scenery that will get far more use.

Scenery is often seen as more expensive because the expense is greater upfront instead of small added purchases but truth be told, I believe terrain is a much better investment gaming wise because you can use it no matter what your new army/band is.

Anyway, I thought I ought to show you some of what some dear friends and I did with our own sets just to show you the potential !



You could check  Axiom's take on the fort HERE


Or check Sho3box's along with the painting tutorial


Now do yourself a favour and go look at the Kickstarter and treat yourself for some high quality lasting set of scenery !

10 comments:

  1. Looks great. I think I may have to invest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic and I agree on everything you say regarding scenery! It's such a pleasure to have great looking terrain to go along the miniatures! I have the stone walls from the last KS and I am tempted to get some of this!

    Excellent painting as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Durable and good looking scenery is a good investment of time/money/energy I reckon. It's worth it really.

      Delete
  3. Tiens ? Sympa ces bidonvilles old school... Et avec les figs qui vont bien, c'est un sacré retour en arrière : je me croirais devant un vieux Dragon Magazine des familles !! ^^

    Serviteur,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'est plus oldschool par le style de peinture et des figs qu'autre chose en vrai, les décors se marrieraient très bien avec des références récentes j'en suis sûr ^^

      Delete
  4. Give me the pump, the oil, the gasoline, and the whole compound, and I'll spare your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice variations on the paint job, both yours and the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I always enjoy seeing several takes on a single subject, I always a learn a ot from seeing how others do. ^^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...