Monday 2 November 2020

Fogou Adobe/mudbrick buldings

Hey everyone, so this is a celebration post since I've finally managed to paint my whole Fogou Brickstarter pledge !
This was mostly done during our first lockdown but I somehow got lost in finsihing the very last details, leaving those beauties unfinsihed for way too long ! (quite fun to have it done just as our second lockdown starts)

I'm really happy to have them all done now though and it's reinforced my motivation to paint more scenery inthe near future (an during the next lockdown maybe) !

Now I won't have to tell you how pleasant fogou pieces are to paint but like always they're extremely painter friendly and make your life so much easier.The painting process was exactly the one described HERE (Jeez that was a year ago !).

There isn't much to say about it since I've decided to opt for something very humble and simple and to use earthly tones wethered by a harsh environment :


I'm pretty happy about how this is all turning up and I'm getting a little settlementplayable as things go so that means fun games ahead !

Like always, Fogou scenery comes with plenty of add ons that make the big pieces versatile and playable on top of looking smashing, it's something that's often overlooked in some kits but a few ladders and stairways here and there make a game really.

I took the time to group the fogou scenery I've painted so far for a group shot (although I haven't taken it all out) and everything works amazingly to convey the sort of vibe I'm after (I do need to fix the bottom of the well thing though ^^). 

Actually, all of this reminds me how badly I want to have a game, it's been WAAAY too long since I last had a good laugh while pushing little toy soldiers on a tabletop !
For now you can go check FOGOU to see all the good stuff they have and hell knows we we need a little comfort right now !


14 comments:

  1. J'aime beaucoup ce rendu, très naturel. Et la bande bleue complète parfaitement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci, je voulais un rendu naturel mais un peu vieilli par des éléments toxique ^^

      Delete
  2. My partner just made a gingerbread house, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as Fogou's terrain bits are great, they'll probably not compete with en edible house ^^'

      Delete
  3. Just brilliant. Nice use of the Colony 87 models to make Hekkreach look lived in, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! I think I meant them to be in that sort of environment right when I first got them !

      Delete
  4. It's a brilliant project and brilliant set of terrain. That electric blue line is perfect - it instantly shifts the set into scifi, without needing to leave the earthy colours behind. The only negative here is that I still need to paint mine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've painted so many I had forgotten you had any left actually !
      You have it all locked though so it's a question of finding the right timeframe and power through it I guess, Thanks !

      Delete
  5. Beautiful. Of course the houses are ace, but your paintjob makes them particularly realistic. Liveable. The pics look like a feasible settlement, and that's great. I finally didn't get the KS, but I'm most definitely getting a few buildings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly have plenty of nice scenery already, they should fit with your adobe buildings fine, eager to see them !

      Delete
  6. Trop classe ta collection de décors, y a de quoi faire des belles photos :) Moi je suis fan de toutes les alternatives au gothique :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci ! Le gothique me déplait pas mais quand il y a plus que çà il perd son attrait je trouve donc j'aime bien avoir des alternatives plutôt ^^

      Delete
  7. Glorious...I hope that many an exciting battle is fought across this excellent terrain!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man I cannot wait to be able to field all that and have a proper game with friends !
      Thanks mec !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...