Tuesday 22 August 2017

The Paladin of Law - Champions of Law season 3 !


For those who've read about BOYL, you'll probably know that the wondeful Kev Adams is usaully around, available to customise the modle of your choice for a small fee donated to charity.
This year, I just had to get another model !

 I had to make it a fantasy warrior and why not make it a champion of Law !



I already got a space fighter 2 years ago soit's pretty nice to have both boxes ticked now to please my ego !

The sculpts are a little rough in places honestly but bear in mind the sculpts are done in mere minutes in a single session when it should be done in far more to let foundation layers cure and harden. It really is impressive to see what Kev is able to do and how he does it while chatting !



Now this opens the third season of the Champions of Law so I expect to have a few more episodes for you ! I have 3 projects for them, I just don't know ni what order they'll get done, who knows ?



In the meantime, I'm working on some pretty nice models from one of my favourite sculptors !

25 comments:

  1. Love it! That's a great looking figure. Ready for various valorous miniature deeds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks ! I'm glad he fits just fine amongst the others !

      Delete
  2. Superb mate. Great choice of body there too. The icing on your lawful cake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The model was actually pretty rough and imperfectly stripped, had to reshape bits here and there with a blade before painting but helpong does help hiding sins. ^^
      Thanks.

      Delete
  3. A rough head on a rough cast :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems fitting, now are you implying my face is rough here ? ARE YOU ?

      Delete
    2. Who me? Nah, the mini is rough......rougher than your head :P

      Delete
  4. It's hard to keep up with you lately my man, such is your output. This guy is great, you have that glow effect down. He has a bit of a Game of Thrones thing going on, but that could just be the beard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see the GoT now ! Just read my blog on a daily bais and you should be mostly fine. We should alread read each other's blogs. ;)

      Delete
  5. I can certainly see the family likeness! I think I prefer this incarnation to the sci-fi one - Kev seems to have captured a certain grizzled world-weariness with your paladin of law. He's a perfect fit with the rest of the law-givers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The head is better integrated with that OTT warrior than with the scout I reckon. I'm eager to paint more champs of Law now !

      Delete
  6. Nice job mate - good to have two minis with such handsome and distinguished looks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I can make all games about ME !
      Cheers mate. ;)

      Delete
  7. That space fighter one is so great, but to add yourself to the Champions of Law was a great idea! Love that you went with a flaming sword body, and your glowing eyes. He is about to lay down some sweet Assless Kendo moves. ;) As to the roughness...he has just been out in the field searching for evil doers for weeks. When you have to constantly keep your armor and sword shiny everything else such as hygiene goes to the wayside. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Champion of Law? Well someone has a rather high opinion of himself...

    He fits nicely with his comrades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a natural born paladin, just face it you chaotic neutral fool !

      Delete
  9. Haha, great! But I wonder, don't do Law Paladins need to attend a Law School? Hmmm, I feel concerned on behalf of the legal community...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They know all about Law ! They are Law incarnate !

      Delete
  10. Love that bronze-like metallic look on their armour. It goes well with the light blues in the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue lights were a response to the warm metallics and and the combination is probably what make these guy work.
      Thanks !

      Delete
  11. Another excellent addition to the warband!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! More champions of law! I love this project.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...