Sunday 20 August 2017

Morcar and and complete set of oldhammer exclusives !


Ok so after painting Curtis' sculpts for BOYL, I had to finish one last model to complete the set of Oldhammer events exclusive models. This one was sculpted for BOYL16 by Geoff Sims from Oakbound.
You might either have recognised him or just understood who he was from the title of this post but in case you have no clue, here is Morcar of Heroquest fame.

Now I'll be honest with you, I'm not exactly very knowledgeable when it comes to Heroquest and I think there might be a difference between the one depicted in the comics below and the one in the actual game.
You will also have noticed the difference between my colour scheme and the one below but that's just because I'm a contradictary fool.


The model itself is nice and the many folds make it feel like an Olley model !
I've opted for a dark necrotic skin and dark colours for both the cape and tunic. 


Now this model is a milestone for me as it's the last one I needed to complete the set of Oldhammer event exclusives. It's very nice to see that already 7 models have been made thanks to the generosity of people. This picture below really pleases me and I hop it will please the people who made it possible as well !


Next in Leadplague : I'll be coming back to one of my favourite projects... ^^

20 comments:

  1. This may well be the first and only time this complete set is seen in one place, and what a great bunch of figures they are too! Here's hoping you can add to the set for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think there are many complete sets out there but I'm satisfied mine is !
      Maybe I won't wait 2 years to get the next ones done !

      Delete
  2. Superb mate, great set - I didn't know the dwarf & goblin even existed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The goblin was the very first oldhammer model named Boyldrick for the second BOYL in 2014, the chaos dwarf is the one made for a french event. ^^

      Delete
  3. Wow, you're taking the collection thing to another level here. As Jon said, I don't think I've see all those together -even less all of them painted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painted models are the only kiond I want to collect !

      Delete
  4. I second Axiom glad to see a complete set. That Morcar paint job is beautiful man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I'll have to think of a use in game now, I wonder if there could be place for an evil wizard in any game... ^^

      Delete
    2. Hmmmm let me think.....hmmm...Hero....Herokwe....HeroKwest????? LOL

      Delete
  5. I don't know much about Heroquest lore either. I like the mini though and his colour scheme looks cool. I really like the graduation of the blue/black on his cloak too JB, nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I think the sculpt demands heavy contrasts to work I like to exagerate them on fabric, I do like the comics look.

      Delete
    2. OMG we have to play!!!! Maybe do a by internet game when I get things a bit more organized!

      Delete
  6. Awesome set. A real blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, no school like the old school right ?

      Delete
  7. Beautiful set.

    Good work sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite nice to see how lovely this set is in so few years. I hope I'll get to add more models to the set !

      Delete
  8. Morcar looks great and when placed together with the whole oldhammer gang ... wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's cool to have them all done (there's a satisfaction in having the only complete painted set I know of).

      Delete
  9. Great gallery of the event figs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A weird group to be sure but I have a great fondness for it !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...