Space fleet is a very dear subject to me as I've already said HERE and HERE and for some reason I've decided to start with my Tyrannid fleet.
This was the occasion for me to test new techniques and ways to paint I rarely use.
I started everything with a basecoat of blueish grey witch I zenithal sprayed over with white (nothing new so far).
You can note how I carefully glued the mounts in place and masked them with tape to avoid the frost of the glue and paint (I wanted to keep them clear if possible).
I then started to work with all the washes I had, combined with lahmian medium (one at a time though) and glazes where I thought I could use some. Colours I used were : Crimson Carrobourgh, Baal red, orange, blue and purple washes, Nuln oil and red and green glazes.
I just finished by picking a few details like eyes and... things that look like eyes in green and that was all really. Easy job. All models had been primed before but the actual painting only took me half an afternoon and a size 2 brush.