Monday 5 August 2024

Röknauts Revolution - Bikers and new units

 

Hey everyone, hope summer is going well (if a little warm for those in the northern hemisphere), I'm only just on holidays with house works stalling (including the long awaited gaming room) but I've had the delightful surprise to be offered a set of Ontos Röknauts after painting the first set a couple of years ago.


This year, the kickstarter is even more ambitious, offering a whole new unit with squad leader, trropers and heavy weapons but also BIKES. Now although I got them little before the Kickstarter began, I absolutely HAD to get my set painted since the previous ones were such fun !

I'm quite pleased to have managed to find the exact same look as the previous ones and I have to say the new units are a step above, The Rokthane and her Walkyrie look is absolutely badass and her acolyte with plasmic destructor is one tough looking fella (don't want to spoil but her helmet is actually packed with grenades which makes her looking even more menacing and cool)



Now of course, the bikes are a huge feature of this project and they absolutely nail the look of 2nd ed 40k space marine bikes suited to dwarves with an Akira twist that's just too damn good. Don't get me wrong, I love the chopper bikers look of rogue trader squats but these look like they're here for war and not just a boozy ride, the Rokthane rider is extremely cool (although no picture gives this guy justice to his formidable moustache I realise).


I also get an irrational pleasure from having painted a whole line of models so here's a selection of every Roknaut model released to date :


As often with space dwarves, the question of scale is an important one so I'll let this image speak for itself with the Rokthane along space dwarves from different ranges


If you like short tempered, short people in space and like them to be heavily armoured and equipped, look no further and go check the kickstarter right now HERE !








4 comments:

  1. Squats aren't generally my thing but these are very cool. I like the big wheels on the bikes and the wings on the valkyrie's head. Nicely painted, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very impressed when I first saw the designs for the bikers and those elements were definitely eye catching

      Delete
  2. These look ace in your personal colours, what a cool paintjob. I'm definitely into the KS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, I'm eager to see your take on those beauties !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...