Thursday 24 October 2024

Trench Crusade - Ecclesiastic prisoners and Stigmatic nuns

 

Hey everyone, following the pilgrims for my first Trench Pilgrims force, I wanted to get the "human" elements done before moving on to the more exotic and impressive units, to set the scale. 
I've had a pretty good idea of what I wanted for these and had the bits sorted for a while so it was just a matter of sourcing the missing elements and more importantly, the time to assemble and paint them.
Like for the pilgrims, I haven't looked too deep into the rules and weapon options so I've tried to give the nuns a bit of everything since I tend to go with the rule of cool over super meta lists, I do want to play stuff that's WYSIWYG enough for my opponents though.


I based the models on repentia sisters of battle which, although they're far less sexy than the frenetic pin-ups of the original art, are pretty well suited for the purpose and I find their clothing to look like those old underwear or bathing suits so it sort of makes sense in a 1910's setting (to me). I've basically removed any technological bit to replace them with much more primitive weapons and I'm fairly hapy with them !


Now the penal troope... human bom.... Ecclesiastic Prisoners were models I was eager to work on, now although there's a limit of 4 in a band, I've only converted 2 because I'm not a huge fan of sacrificing units in games (whatever the game, I'm too sentimental it seems). I do want to have every entry available though and let''s face it, modelling maniacs with explosives is great fun !


The models have bodies from ancient age irish, arms from flagellant kits or Stargrave sprues and all the explosives I could find in the bits box really


Next entries will be the anti-tank communicants which have been the start of it all and are stunning models, I'm going to give them much love but so far here's a selection of the band members so far, shaping up in a very pleasing way !
Happy painting to you all and keep your eyes open for the upcoming kickstarter launching o nthe 29th of October IIRC.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...