Friday 31 May 2024

Wasteman Globe Strider

 


Hey all ! 
So painting bigger models got me to look at some lonely model which had been standing for ages on the desk. This Globe StriderGlobe Strider is one of Jaycee Fairclough's insane creations for Wasteman.
I love Jaycee's style, having painted quite a few of her models now. The style is nervous, straight to the point, sometimes a little rough but if approached from the right angle, makes fun models that can be painted in no time.
This one was no exception and I got it done in very little time for a piece of this magnitude. I got to say that watching the Fallout series contributed a lot in me wanting to pick some Falloutesque models. 
My main concern was getting the skin tone right so I tried to add some nuances into it that break  the monotony of large areas of flesh, some crimson tints on worn out areas but also some blue shading to help with muscle definition, with highlights pushed just enough to accentuate the facial features without making it too silly, I wanted a sort of elephant like skin or something.

The clothing is a bit more coloured and more saturated to give a litte contrast, I haven't weathered those much like the strider has basically wrapped a freshly hung clothe line around its waist.


It's easy not realising the scale of this model so with a couple of heroic scale 28mm models, you suddenly get the idea :


It still works at a 54mm scale !


I had no particular gaming plan for this one, I just know I'll be delighted to get it onto a tabletop sometime as a  weird encounter, hostile or not, that will surely impress the players !

Happy painting y'all !

1 comment:

  1. Really nice post apocalyptic vibes !

    By the way, you wrote twice Gmobe strider at the beginning of the article. Once with the link, once without.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...