Thursday 14 March 2024

Octarium terrain

 

So a year and a half back from now, my lovable Rochie handed me a set of Octarium terrain just because that's the sort of bastard he is. Fast forward to now with a couple of house moves in the way and all sorts of real life and unfocused brain issues, I finally took the opportuniy to finish a set started a year ago. That's how it happens.

GW's scenic kits have been stellar for a few years and this one is great because it's versatile, fits with plenty other things, looks good and is well designed. Some parts double up with some I had from the mek workshop I had painted but scatter terrain excess is not real, it just doesn't exist.
Now being the huge Fallout fan I am, I stayed in the vibe I set for my Fogou Fort and I fully intend to combine the kits in the future to create the best ash waste/desert settlement with them !


As those massively overexposed photos will show you, I've filed and sanded the ork glyphs off to give this bit a more neutral look which can either fit an ork or human settlement.


I also happened to have a Haemotrope reactor or whatever it's called, it looks like a nice big line of sight blocking bit of engineering non sense so that was perfect.


Oh and just because it's part of a Killteam set, I've painted the gauges that come with it even if it's very unlikelly I ever play the game, it might come in handy as terrain pieces anyway.

So all in all, that's a few bits done that will make my tables a bit more diverse and cool, scatter terain, covers, objectives and all, really pleased with those !



I'm eager to mix all the terrain that I have on a big table but time is scarce so it will have to wait for a game, I'd rather use my time for painting atm.
I hope you all have a nice hobby time


7 comments:

  1. Nice work - you've definitely captured the Fallout feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best thing I can read about it !

      Delete
  2. Never has an open-air landfill looked so attractive! Great result of your paintjob, we love how you painted the aged effect of the different metal pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! Open air land-fill isn't far off is it ?

      Delete
  3. A game that looks very interesting, I want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These Octarium terrains look awesome! Your attention to detail makes them look very realistic and diverse. Looking forward to seeing them combined with your other terrains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I ! It takes a silly amount of time and right now the sets are scattered around but I'll get to it !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...