Wednesday 6 July 2022

Space dwarves from Lafig miniatures


Hey everyone, A quickie today, I recently had the opportunity to paint some space dwarves from the ongoing Lafig Miniatures Kickstarter (check it HERE), Lafig Miniatures are creating a new set of oldschool models but with modern means.

Those were sculpted by Frank Adam in Green Stuff like any old school model is but they were then scanned and printed (with a little CAD to enhance them further) and then printed in the highest quality


The set comes with 4 heroes, one Captain, a sort of Commissar, a Heavy miner and a living ancestor


It also offers two very cool looking jetbikes with one waving a pistol in the air and a more regular rider, I'm really fond of that design :


And the pèce de résistance, an impressive Warwalker with servoassisted pilot ! This one really looks like it packs a punch !


Against all odds, it seems my squats are growing with modesl from all horizons, I'm not complaining, I like them a lot and I can certainly use some opponents for my growing chaos and ork forces too !


And since scaling is always such an important matter to squat enthusiasts, here's a few of them with some from different ranges and sculptors just so you can get an idea !


Make sure you subscribe to Lafig Miniatures on Facebook HERE to know what else they're releasing and go check the ongoing kickstarter HERE !


11 comments:

  1. Pledge effectué. Sont cools ces vrais Squats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Des squats avec de vrais morceaux de barbe dedans !

      Delete
  2. They do have a classic taste! I Like how you managed to make them look coherent with other ranges through your palette. Cool work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do much more than replicate the colour scheme really but it worked well !

      Delete
  3. Fantastic work on the models. Love the camo pattern you gave them. You sold me on them for sure, so I've got a set coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that urban camo, it's not realistic or anything but that gives an alternative, more grounded mood to them I find !

      Delete
  4. Very cool miniatures! As we said elsewhere, we particularly like the rendering of the beards, which are very neat and different from each other. And we know that for dwarves/squats the beard is essential, more than a laser gun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't paid attention to that but they do have their own beard style each !
      Little details go great lengths sometimes. Thanks !

      Delete
  5. Ooh, these are nice! I like the old school feel. The painting makes them look military but not drab. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have all the right references indeed !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...