Monday 25 January 2021

Squeek ! - Giant Rats and rodents

Hey everyone, nothing real fancy today I'm afraid, since I'm clearing the desk of many WIPs, I found I had 13 rats based and ready and thought I could clear them pretty rapidly if I put my mind to it.

After all, that's the sort of thing a few drybrushes and some highlights should handle easily right ? Well I was actually right for once ! I just had to blue-tack them by groups on some old paint pots and here I was ready to paint a swarm of wait... 1,2, 3, 4...11, 12 and 13 ! Oh my (rat) god this has got to be a sign right ? I'm taking it as one anyway !


 Now while 8 of the rats are from GW's skaven line, I was very happy (actually they were the ones who made me paint the whole lot) to do the 5 bigger giant rats from Hobbyshop which happens to be my friendly local Hobby shop (lucky me).

They're intended for Ranger of Shadow Deep but will do for anything really and were sculpted by the ever talented Alexandre Vallet so go check their webstore for those HERE

Now while I was at it, I thought I'd update the basing on my old rats and space skaven so they look a little better with my more modern models !

That makes an even bigger swarm of giant rats !

I mean WAY BIGGER :

Nothing too fancy here but a fresh base rim and a little pigment on the base top go a long way to tie these with the rest and I have to say I'm still fond of them !

Now with these done, I can safely get back to my "every other post about Blackstone Fortress" routine and see where that leads us !
Happy painting all ;)
 

28 comments:

  1. A swarm of giant rats is the sort of thing every gamer should have and probably hasn't (I don't!). I love the colour you've used on the tails and exposed flesh - what is it? Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple wash of crimson carroburgh stippled until pleased, I hope to use them someday !

      Delete
  2. Rats!
    I agree with axiom, rats are essential. ...and yours are an excellent, nasty, filthy, disgusting addition.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking vermin! The Skaven group looks fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an old one but it felt great to take them outside for a little freshening !

      Delete
  4. Very nice models and good painting too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The painting on the rats is nothing fancy, more of a palette cleanser but it works wonders to boost the mojo by achieveing numbers in no time !

      Delete
  5. That's a lovely little infestation you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I can't wait to make my players deal with it !

      Delete
  6. Agree with Axiom above, rats are essential. yours are great, which helps too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think critters and NPC's firmly reinforce the vibe of the setting, even if the players don't interact with them, there are plenty of settings where these can be handy, hope to be able to use them sooner rather than later !

      Delete
  7. Oh my god! Space Rats, gorgeous space rats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice rats man! They are good for so many games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so ! As a GM, I always find it's better to block a pathway with the promise of a long tedious and unnessecary fight than with a barricade ^^

      Delete
  9. They're gonna be perfect for RoSD, hope you'll like it !

    I really love how those old rats turned out in this very Dark future, thats really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IN these uncertain times, I don't know when I'll ever get to play RoSD but I would definitely try it if possible. I love the fringe zone where fantasy and dark future meet so those rats dwell in that sort of place.

      Delete
  10. If rats can look good ... this is how you paint them. Super work yet again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rats can definitely look good, making them look good is easy like here, make them look Great wouldn't take much more I reckon ^^'

      Delete
  11. I was promised a titan, and this is what I get? RATS! Those 5 big ones are just fantastic! I wouldn't be able to resist the if I saw them on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to slowly work on him while finishing some quicker projects to get some motivations, I need to finish stuff regularly to keep motivation up !

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks mec, I'm eager to give them some fancy place to live in !

      Delete
  13. Beautiful work! Love the color palette and how the grey rats are in contrast with redish bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've opted for a warm base colour precisely to offset the tones I want above, oh and I just found a spare rat I forgot to paint alog these so back to it !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...