Tuesday 17 March 2020

Baby Yoda (spoiler free)

Ok folks, hope you're all enjoying the quarantine or enjoying your time before you get into qurantine as well !
Just a quick one today, my friend Michael (that generous prick) has printed plenty of cool stuff for us lately and amongst themany things he's helped us with, he 's thrown a little baby yoda he had found on Thingiverse. Now if you're any real g33k you must have watched the Mandalorian by now, if you haven't yet I won't spoil anything (or much, baby Yoda is a spoiler in itself after all) but really you should treat yourself with the most decent piece of Star wars in decades, loved it.

Now the sculpt is a bit soulless and probably doesn't channel the same insane amount of cuteness as the original character does but y'know, it's baby yoda and I bet I'd be more than glad to have some bounty hunters retrieve it and fight for it in a game so all in all with the pretty rapid PJ I think it was a worthy way to spend time and have that item checked off.
 

 Now I don't know how this will all unfold but I'm dead set on making the best of it hobby wise, I will be working for home but that's commute time, lunch time and tea break time set on doing productive stuff liiiiiike :


Oh and while we're at it, I'd just love to brag a bit ! Got Janus Draik into WD, it's always nice (tanks to my brother Chris/Antipixi for spotting that one).

 

Stay safe at home folks, enjoy what you can while you can ;)

22 comments:

  1. What a cute little chappy! I feel that the sculpt could maybe have had slightly larger eyes? I think too many sculpts nowadays are too 'accurate' (often due to digital sculpting) - whereas, in fact, with miniatures you often need to exaggerate key features.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the eyes are not as large, the face is too flat, I think it was released early into the seies so there might be better versions out there now but this one is painted and serviceable so it will do ^^
      Thakns a lot !

      Delete
  2. Great idea, you got a beautiful print on that model. Excellent painting too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first 3D print I've ever painted and I realise how badly prepped it is... I've learnt valuable lessons though !

      Delete
  3. Very nice paint job - especially good if the features are flat. Baby Yoda is definitely a 3D printing favorite at the moment - A friend has promised to print me one very similar (sans floating pushchair), but he lives in Barcelona and he ain't coming back to London any time soon... Also love that dude on the right of BY. Where's he from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon I got pretty heavy handed on the pink glaze and the eyes could be darker for better effect.
      The dude on the right is a Marauder Ash waste nomad from the confrontation range (Necromunda's ancestor) you don't get to see many of this range but the desert dwelling vibe suits the idea I think !
      Thanks !

      Delete
  4. Only a week to go until I can legally watch The Mandalorian! Lovely mini as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing stuff! Just wanted to say that I have been stalking your blog a lot this weekend while confined. Your work on those old epic knights has been super useful for me as well painted, crisp images of those things are hard to find! Any plans on painting up the old plastic models and metal Knight Baron to complete the set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few more big boys, the plastic guys will probably get some love this year but for something a little different I reckon !

      Delete
  6. Cute little bugger. Good stuff on what looks like a bit soft detail in the sculpt?

    Congrats on another of your pieces making it into the mag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit soft and bland but fun nonetheless, thanks !

      Delete
  7. Amazing! Baby Yoda has seemingly grabbed everyone's heartstrings, s/he's a favorite for everyone from wargamers to Native American bead workers (really). This version seems a bit big for 28 mm, but I think that's kind of necessary so that features are visible. And you really did it justice with this paint job. It's lovely.

    Maybe I should create a 15mm scale version. It would have almost no detail whatsoever, but that'd pretty much match my sculpting ability XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the issue, it's big yes, but the good thing is 3D prints can be adjusted, maybe the soft details also mean it was implied to be smaller ?

      Delete
  8. Adorbs. You tempted to get a Diehard Mandalorian to go with it? Or some Star Wars Legion bits? You could spin those lovely Fogou bits as Mandalorian sets very easily... just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby Yoda in the fogou adobes is totally happening, now I don't know who's gonna come rescue him for now !

      Delete
  9. That's fantastic! The paintjob can take a lot of credit, as far as I can tell from the pics; it's really a nice rendition of the little fella :)
    Stay safe at home, "enjoy" the quarantine and paint as much as you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you make the best of the quarantine as well my friend ! thanks !

      Delete
  10. Très sympa ce baby Yoda ! J'ai la série, mais je n'ai pas encore regardé...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic work on Baby Yoda ... and stay safe during this pandemic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...