Thursday 4 July 2019

Axel Manny - Post apocalyptic survivor


Quick one today but an important one since I've officially painted all the model I need for BOYL !!!
To be perfectly honest, there are a few more I WANT to get painted for it I've done all the ones I NEED so that's a relief.

We have a game of survival for poor humans hunted by terminators in a not so distant future so I needed the proper guy for the task. I did consider using good ol' Psycho Sam but ended up picking anther model looking like him because I wanted something darker... Only to realise midway I wanted both to be part of the same gang hence ending painting him the same way... Yeah I know.

The model is a old Maniac ganger for confrontation (Necromunda's ancestor) and you might have seen beautifully painted examples on Jon's blog.
Like most models of the range, they come with weird details like what I reckon is a rabbit leg or some  sort of token of the sort.


I didn't spend much time on this guy who had an annoying mold slip trace which I removed as well as I could be arsed to... ^^
I honestly have plenty of idea and quite a few models to go along this pair of idiots to have good fun !
The old copplestone gangers are very cool but as you can see below they're on teh small side, it's not sucha big issue really and with other members in the gan it will be just fine.


I've added a dog in the picture because we've been told we can use one so I dug up my venator dog which has never been used yet so here we go !
Now let's work on the icing since the cake's ready !

14 comments:

  1. Very nice one, once again. I'm definitely fond of your blues hues. This promises great action shots !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will definitely be a fun game ! Thanks mec !

      Delete
  2. Great paintwork and tasty model choices Assless. I like what you did with his helmet/mohawk guard. I'm looking forward to fighting Skynet with you on the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha une bonne tête de vainqueur, j'attends de voir les autres concurrents mais pas sûr d'avoir envie de miser sur lui 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dis donc eh ! ^^
      On verra bien ce qu'il fera sur place, on va se marrer dans tous les cas. ;)

      Delete
  4. I love this guy - the pose is so unusual for GW figures. That striking red Mohawk spike is a great accessory to his funky red boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mohowk protector is quite a fancy piece of equipment I must say and yes, apart from the size, those gangers have some very nice poses I find ^^
      Thanks !

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I love the dog as well since it was converted by a dear friend ^^

      Delete
  6. Nice beard stubble. Did you use a wash or did you paint them in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I usually stipple very diluted grey to glaze the five o' clock shadow onto the right areas ^^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...