Sunday 9 December 2018

Epic Imperial knights - Paladins


So here are a few more giant robots to go with my ongoing epic project and this time, I treated myself with 3 imperial knights !
The design of them is just brilliant, gothic and weird, I simply love them !
Of course, with modern standards, these look kind of odd and they're actually different kinds of knights with an actual paladin and an errant, the third being... I don't know, some twisted vision of what a giant robot should be !



I've decided to paint those 3 as part of the same house tough which will be House Arum. Those were a delight to paint and very quick too ! Something to be expected from Jes Goodwin models despite their 30 years of age. ^^
I reversed the colours of my other titans for this guys so they can fit in while still having their own style.


Now of course, with the paladins done, I still have to do the lancers and wardens ! Well I'm working on that. :D
For now, this little Epic project is a gift that keeps on giving and I'm enjoying every bit of it from finding the models to painting them via discovering the rules as well. I hope I'll get to play the whole force this year but I'm quite confident about it since I have plenty of friends eager to do so. ^^


27 comments:

  1. They look badass :). You rarely see a nicely painted grouping of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly ! I'm going to fix that with the lancers and wardens as well !
      Thanks !

      Delete
  2. Your epic stuff is absolutely wonderful. I really like the Ultras on the warlord base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying the hell out of it and believe me mec I'm not done yet !

      Delete
  3. I have huge fondness for those models, and you have done a great job on them.

    The battlegroup shot is sublime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're quite unique really (despite each category having 2 variants) and they did set the style. Painting the knights in 3s rether than 9s was a good choice as it was very rewarding quickly. I'll have the lancers done shortly too I guess.
      Thanks a lot !

      Delete
  4. I love them, you made an amazing job on quite charming models. Dammit, you are mustering a respectable battlegroup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm aiming for a quite a sizeable force to be honest but it's mostly driven by the ideas I have and fun I'm having !

      Delete
  5. That upside down weirdness is just begging for a version in 28mm mec, get to it!
    This is a lovely bunch of big fighty robots (in miniature), well done <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know mec, It feels like cheating, that bot would only be about snapping genitals and shooting in the balls at point blank I reckon...
      OK I need another one now.

      Delete
    2. These days in which we live, all that effort converting a homage to a classic design risks being shot down by Forge World doing a superior version. Imagine how silly you'd feel if you'd spent ages converting a modern version of the RT Landspeeder...

      Delete
    3. I'd like to try and dare them into making a robot with its arms attached to its groin.

      Delete
  6. Those are real beauties! The one on the right is the best sculpt, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the real deal definitely, it matches the old sketches but I do love the goofyness of the walking saucer with its arms below. ^^

      Delete
  7. You make these robots look very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're surprisingly not that hard to get nor expensive (only slightly struggled with one of the fat wardens) so they weremy immediate go to rather than the titan legion era ones (either plastic or lead) or the New AT ones (and these are great tbh).

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to see a tiny city destroyed by these lovely tiny robots! The weathering and your muted scheme are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mec, I have a few buildings done already and need to finish them to make a real tiny apocalypse on a tabletop !

      Delete
  9. These are absolutely cracking. It's wonderful to see them alongside their bigger brethren. Nice work with all the little touchs like hazard stripes and heatbloom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent! Particularly like the crabby guy, he turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Their designs are indeed good. There is always a danger they could look static but that didn't happen here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can definitely see how the new ones draw from these (apart from the weirdo of course). ^^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...