Sunday 24 September 2017

Factious Waste - Ludite and Neoprimitive priest of Consumar


Last BOYL, I was lucky enough to come back with an outrageous amount of models and amongst those, some very particular ones since they haven't been released yet !
Why haven't they ? Well because they're due for a Kickstarter coming very soon.
Oakbound Games are working on a post-apocalyptic skirmish game called Factious Waste :


You might have read about it some time ago in a playtesting report from my brother Crooks so this time, it's the real thing coming. 
Having way too many projects on the run, I've picked a pair of models to start and I've chosen these 2 guys :



I have to say I really like the mixture of neo-primitive and hipster in this guy, I've painted him with a more "never missed a burning man" look but that's definitely a faction I like.


The luddite feels very familiar too and I've tried to give him a real retro 80's vibe (might be influenced by the coming season of Stranger things...)


I have others coming but I'm already pleased to see how well they'll fit with other lost souls from the future.


With too many projects and so very little time, I'll have to focus on short term goals but too many good things can't be that bad right ?

15 comments:

  1. Nice one mec, I enjoyed that foray into Geoff's world of artisanal butt kicking, and you've done a solid job bringing the minis to life :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mec ! Post-apoc ass kicking done the good ol' fashioned way : in the not too distant future.

      Delete
  2. Love the colour palette that you've used - colourful yet subdued..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I use these colours a lot but that's the balance spot I like !

      Delete
  3. Haha, the concepts are great, but your paintjob is terrific, I love how they look. Tasty stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers amigo, I'm really curious about how it all develops.

      Delete
  4. Excellent !! Le punk post-apo so fashion !! XD

    Vivement Karl Lagerfeld en boss de gang !! ^^

    Comme d'habitude ta peinture est au top avec un taux de rendement toujours soutenu ^^

    Avec Necromunda qui arrive, tu vas être aux anges non ? ^^

    Serviteur,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci !
      Je dois avouer que côté escarmouche futuriste on est assez gâtés en ce moment !

      Delete
  5. Funnily enough these two fellas look very similar to the kids I see walking around Bethnal Green these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must mean the post-apoc world is not very far from us then !

      Delete
  6. I love the colour scheme you used. To me at least, the one on the luddite was a better choice than the official colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I painted mine in a more "turbokid" kind of way... ^^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...