Tuesday 11 April 2023

Colony87 Starport Ogre Crew

 


In the middle of preprations for a WE of Stargrave, I picked the opportunity o pick some Colony87 models to put on the table because frankly, who doesn't love NPC's ? I'm also all for taking any excuse to get models painted so when my friend Sho3box mentionned he was making a Starport table, I jumped on the opportunity.

One other thing, I knew exactly what I wanted tem to be like ! I've been a huge fan of Sillage a sci-fi classic of our comics which is set in a world full of aliens of all sorts and with one race of bioengineered clones :


I've decided to go for that look with my ogres so gave them a blue onesie and a grey rubbery flesh tone. I would have given them more colour variations otherwise but here I really wanted to make their skin look unnatural.

Like always, Colony87 provide us with those models we didn't know we needed and that make our sci-fi worlds much more real.


Now the starport is getting crowdy !



So that was it, I'l be packing soon and make sure I don't forget anything and next time you should have pleny of pictures from games !

16 comments:

  1. Your smiling Waitrose staff are always eager to help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might not be the smartest but they're always here to help !

      Delete
  2. The three ogres are really full of character - especially the one scratching his head, probably trying to remember which number comes after the four... We didn't know these miniatures nor the comic you were inspired by, but the colour effect of these gray-skinned behemoths is certainly spot on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, four is a number ? They thought it was the letter between G and L damnit !
      Thanks a lot ! It's a pity some comics never get the outside they should get outside boundaries, defintely a very inspiring one.

      Delete
  3. I've not seen these sculpts before but they are excellent and yes, I honestly had no idea I needed them too!

    Love the paintjobs as well - bio-engineered clones indeed. Perfect concept for heavy-lifters at a spaceport. Do you have terrain for these lot to be placed upon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks !
      I do not have the terrain to use them fully YET but I did put them for a game we just played last WE so expect to see them in a proper Starport very soon !

      Delete
  4. Oh, I had missed these models. Just as you say, I didn't know I needed them... until now! Cool job, you really made the right choice on the palette, they look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really nice models, and they work very well as spaceport workers. The skin tone looks good and makes them look suitably inhuman. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon it's the type of small details which add up and give depth to a setting, or at least, I hope it does ! Thanks !

      Delete
  6. Estela, gran comic, great minis y great painting job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You nailed the look from the comics, we take our inspiration where we can get it, right? These models have a lot of character and they're definitely something different to add to a Sci-Fi game table. Also not overtly silly, but still a but humorous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I realised afterwards I was also inspired by the manga Blame! on this one and could have taken it further. I fully agree those are at a very nice crossroad of humour and depth.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...