Thursday 16 August 2018

Adeptus Titanicus - Going Back Oldschool !


So Adepticus Titanicus is coming back to us ! Well of course it seems we're bound to get all the cool things back ! Now the good guys at my FLGS asked me if I wanted to try the game. Why of course !
Now I've said it before, I am NOT building a force for Epic or anything, oh no. But one Warlord simply isn't enough right ? I just had to add him a couple of friends okay ?


Well, the irish folks proved to be as nice as ever and Pat sent me this Reaver titan ! Now The Warlord was nice to paint, but when we're talking about Reavers, we're talking about Jes Goodwin territories here ! 

That's the nice little guy I got, begging for a little surgery and a new lick of paint !
The colour scheme was locked up since I did my Warlord so the process was pretty straight forward,  I ust changed the cold white for a carmer off white (going back to the Warlord's). To get a sense of scale, I also carefully blended the red from dark at the bottom to bright at the top, it doesn't really show as well on the photos but I think it really does make a difference (the photo is only showing one angle). 



I've also decided to leave the battle damages out this time, I have a few more models to add and I want to wait for them before finishing the whole with weathering and banners.


The 2 warhounds are pretty cool as well, pure Jes Goodwin designs as well, their heads very reminiscent of the Khorne champion with hound head mutation. To be honest, like for all the other titans, I have no idea if the weapons are what I'd want to give them, I just tried to make sense out of what I had, asking a friend for the most logical solution.


So that means I'm close to ready to testing the game now ! I know about the change of scale, I know about bases and all that ! But I'm not the kind to get fussed about that sort of details and neither will be my opponent (plus we'll still have the new models to play anyway).
Obviously, I'm short a few models to make this a true force but I've got plans... you'll see !

In the meantime, I hope you folks all enjoy the end of this summer and get to have enough hobby time ! I'm going to try and make the best of what I have left !

34 comments:

  1. That was quick! Gorgeous work mec, they hang together really well. Looking forward to the next wave now too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I mec, so am I, I need to get all dem fecking models first though !

      Delete
  2. Great stuff! As cool as the higher level of detail and such on the new Titans is, these old ones have a great vibe that they can't match. Particularly loving the dual Plasma on the Reaver there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new ones are impressive models really but there's a charm in those old gothic Goodwin guys I just can't let go.
      I've actually never played any epic scaled game in my life so I'm eager to test the new one and maybe the older ones as well !

      Delete
  3. Really lovely! These make me interested in a scale that's never really appealed to me. Glorious paint jobs on tiny gigantic robots are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ! I've only started painting the warlord for a change of scale but ad a bit of Goodwin in the mix and it's irresitible. I suspect you'd love that. Just sayin' there are eldar...

      Delete
  4. Pure love. Eager to know about your plans... Dun dun dunnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm eager to be able to work on them !
      Thanks amigo !

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. That's definitely how it felt when I had them in hand !

      Delete
  6. Belle bande, encore quelques Chevaliers et ca sera parfait 😄 le schema de couleur et sympa. Bye !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, les chevaliers sont les prochains sur la liste, il me reste juste à choper les derniers et c'est bon !

      Delete
  7. I have fought against that very Reaver, last time was about 1994 I think. I cannot believe that Pat gave it to you instead of me, the quisling!! ;)

    The maniple looks great together. I am a lifelong Epic fan, but I'm not in a position to get into it right now, tempting as it is. Maybe at a later date.

    Re the weapons, I havent read the new rules yet, but I very much suspect that double arm mounted plasma weapons will drain the Reavers reactor too much. I'm guessing that you want mo more than a single plasma weapons on a titan of that size or smaller.

    I could be wrong, but I'm betting that I am not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some models have a nice gaming history, this one will be one of them !
      I wno't bother much with rules, if it's sub-optimal, then so be it. Rule of cool rules. ^^

      Delete
  8. Ça envoie. Bien que Titanicus ne m'intéresse pas j'ai hâte de voir tes retours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci, on voit çà la semaine prochaine !

      Delete
  9. Very sharp looking group there. I really like the tone of white (touch of green maybe?) you've used. I've never quite been taken by the reaver titan which is really weird as I love the illustration. The old school warhounds are one of my favorite epic figs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use stone grey which does have a little bit of green, it complement reds perfectly thus. I love all of Goodwin designs of that period to be honest !
      Thanks !

      Delete
  10. Excellent work on these! The Reaver in particular is very well done.

    I am not in a position to get into AT right now myself, so I am happy to live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to have my first game next week though and maybe I'll motivate friends into getting their stuff out to play (still talking wargaming here).

      Delete
  11. I played the heck out of the original Adeptus Titanicus, such a fun rules set. My Reaver was a Warlord killer, somehow. :)

    Your titan detachment looks so cool mate. Love the scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot ! I know I said I wasn't building an army so I'm not but I might happen to have enough models to play a game soon !

      Delete
  12. Great work on the details. Working on small scaled representations of what in 'reality' exists in huge proportions more often than not results in failure but you pulled it off here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true and it's always tempting to replicate techniques from a scale onto another (which I did on the eyes or the warlord's weathering actually. It is a tricky balance to figure out.

      Delete
  13. I really like this scheme. The tinge in the offwhite makes it work a treat alongside the red. It makes my anus titan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then we're ready for the clash of titans !

      Delete
  14. I'd love to know what recipe you have for the red. The highlights are very fiery and bold. Any chance you'd share it, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found a nice sequence of 5 reds I like. On these guys I wanted to go from real dark to real bright so I used all 5 but on other models I'll use maybe three at the top, middle or bottom of the spectrum depending on what I want.
      I'll get you the list of paints as I have a very poor memory with paint names. ^^

      Delete
  15. Very cool JB. I have yet to get bitten by the Titan bug. I want to play epic but don't have the forces assembled, yet.This post reminds me that I need to keep trying to push myself and expand my technique, I'm just sort of lumbering along within my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a comfort zone painter myself, really, always replicating the same things over and over, just adding new stuff once in a while ! ^^
      Thanks !

      Delete
  16. Honnêtement j'adore ce que fait GW sur les nouveaux modèles de titans et chevaliers, mais ces vieux modèles ont un look incroyable ainsi que des postures plus "animales" qui leur donnent un vrai air de prédateurs. La mise en couleurs est excellente, hâte de voir les chevaliers impériaux !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'est 2 visions de la SF différentes vraiment, j'aime les deux dans l'absolu mais à peindre je sais que c'est la vieille école qui m'attire plus pour les libertés qu'elle permet ! Hâte d'avoir tous les chevaliers pour commencer à les peindre, j'ai des renforts qui arrivent en plus !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...