Monday 9 April 2018

The circus of corruption


So this week I had the chance to get a few models from the Circus of Corruption Kickstarter by Oldschool Miniatures in the mailbox !
You might have seen it around but if you haven't I advise you to go have a look at it :

Click here for the link
Amongst the models I got, there was this weird and threatening guy on stilts, I really do like how the added height makes him really creepy and menacing.

Frederick Looger
 Then there were 2 of the crew members. I have to say the first one immediately struck me because of its similarity to some characters from Biomega (you have to read it) :


Yeah OK I know it's far fetched but it was enough for me right ? The other one with his accordion had just such an irresistible look I could help but paint him (french bias ? I don't know) !

Manny Bokely and Tweddledump esq.
The rotlings are really great little sculpts, full of character that really sum up the whole concept andthey're a wonder to paint !

The rotlings 
The sculpts all bear the style of their creator Jason Fairclough from Thunderchild Miniatures, they're really nervous sculpts, straight to the point and hence can be painted really quickly with a great impact on the tabletop.
There are plenty more models in the range and more to come so go have a look at the Kickstarter while you can !
May is going to be one game heavy month so that means April is going to be one painting heavy one with plenty of stuff to prepare but that's the kind of deadlines that help !

15 comments:

  1. Wow... noticed the KS, but not the Mordheim-fish nod on the rotling. I really like the sculpts and what's not to like in the idea of resurrecting the CoC ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a pretty clever take on the subject with just the appropriate twist but still some obvious nods.

      Delete
  2. I'm bored at work, don't you know?

    That stilt guy is the best! But the not-nurglings are pretty damn tasty too. I will resist buying them, but it is really tempting. Jason is a very talented sculptor that's for sure.

    Cheers mate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A guy on stilts in a skirmish game sure makes a good target but I think it's so weird it makes him excellent !

      Delete
  3. Looking good JB, your painting output is on fire right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! I do feel like I'm in a good painting vibe at the moment so trying to make it last !

      Delete
  4. Great painting- I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pallette and style is really suited to the vibe of these miniatures. Full of disgusting details like Manny Bokely's swollen calf. Nasty stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you just nee dto let the sculpts do the talking with a limited palette I believe. ^^
      Thanks !

      Delete
  6. For a moment there I did a double-take and thought you were painting Medieval Nurglungs. Regardless these figurines are cool sculpts and nicely painted too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've kept the borders of any setting blurred on this project, they're based like I base my sci-fi stuff but as they are they could be anything honestly. ^^

      Delete
  7. Those skin tones! O.O

    Love this range. Hope to add them to my own collection some day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really awesome! I add blog to my list ;)
    Best reagrds

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...